Thursday, August 13, 2009

Last night's Hatch Shell concert

Good morning!

I'm still in for Laura while she and her family finish their great Alaskan adventure! Laura will be back on Monday morning at 5, and I'll get back to my routine, playing classical music from 2-7. While I have enjoyed doing the early morning show, we are creatures of habit....and I look forward to a return to "normal"....or at least as "normal" as my life gets! :)

Last night's concert at the Hatch Shell marked the return of the Landmarks Orchestra to the Landmarks Festival at the Shell. We celebrated "opera highlights" with 4 soloists from the Boston Lyric Opera. What a night! Charles Ansbacher and the orchestra gave brilliant performances, and the soloists were exceptional!

The night began quite literally with a bang....one of those accidents on Storrow Drive got our attention. But, our frayed nerves were soon calmed by the beautiful sounds coming from the historic Hatch Shell. One of the highlights came for me when the first half of the evening ended with a beautiful rendition of "La Dona e mobile"....I wanted to sing along, but not knowing Italian very well, settled for a little humming instead!

These Wednesday night concerts are a highlight of the summer for many of us! In spite of drizzle and mist, about 4,000 of us really enjoyed the experience. I hope you'll be with us for next Wednesday night's concert.

If you were there last night, I'd love to know what you think! Feel free to respond to my blog here, or on our facebook page!

Here's to a great rest of the week,
Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment