Monday, August 24, 2009

This weekend and next on WCRB

Hi there,

I hope you're doing well, and surviving the heat! I experimented with leaving my windows open on Saturday night. The old saying, "It's not the heat....it's the humidity!" proved to be true! I woke up early on Sunday, and promptly shut the windows, and turned on the A.C! Mind you, I'm not complaining here.....I will enjoy this summer weather for as long as we have it here in New England!

We're making plans for a couple of enjoyable weekends on WCRB. Starting this Friday afternoon, we'll be featuring the greatest pianists ever by playing some of the most beloved works from the classical piano repertoire. We hope you can make us part of your plans for this special weekend of music....which will begin at 4 on Friday afternoon.

The following week, we'll be anticipating the Labor Day weekend by playing the top 500 classical pieces of all-time. That's quite an undertaking! And, we're asking for your help in putting this list together. Please visit our website, (www.wcrb.com) and click on the Labor Day 500 on the front page. From there, we'll ask you to let us know about your favorite piece. Visit and vote as often as you like....it's a long way to 500 pieces. We will play the 500 pieces as complete works....beginning sometime next week. Once we've tabulated the top 500 pieces, I'll actually schedule the music in reverse....so that #1 plays Labor Day night around 9. Keep checking back to this blog, and to our facebook page. I'll let you know when the Labor Day 500 will begin....just as soon as I've put it all together! :)

Thanks for listening to WCRB, and as always, thanks for your support of Boston's Classical Station!

My best,
Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment